News and Announcements
The Dublin Jerome Tip-Off Club (Boys’ Basketball Boosters) is hosting a Zoom meeting with the boosters and Coach Beard. The agenda will include:
- DJHS Boys Basketball Summer Program Overview
- 2020/2021 Board Members Election
The link to the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/98759336090
We look forward to seeing everyone online.
I wanted to provide a brief update. We would like to have an end of season banquet/booster meeting at some point. We will see how the opening of the state progresses to decide the feasibility of having such an event. We will provide another update within the next 3 weeks or so.
In the interim, if you know of any incoming freshmen, please ask their parents to go to our website and register. The plan is to use the website as the primary means of communication next season. I know we do not have everyone signed up from this year’s squad, so please spread the word to the current families as well.
Please stay safe & healthy.
Many of you may be aware, but I wanted to send this anyway. Nick Butler, older brother of Matt, is battling this nasty COVID-19 virus and currently needs help from the community. Nick has a pre-existing condition that makes him much less able to fight this off. Please spread the word throughout Dublin to help find a match for Nick. Also, please keep Matt, Paul and Kelly in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I know you are likely receiving numerous emails daily about all the craziness in the world, but I wanted to update all of you on a few things.
1. Obviously, the banquet that was scheduled for this weekend will not occur. We are keeping the option open to reschedule, but that will be determined by world events.
2. Although the March AAU tournament did not occur, the June tournament is still on the schedule. Again, we will wait and see how things develop and how the school district decides to handle these events.
3. Booster Budget. Not having the Girls’ tournament in March diminished our booster budget. Please be assured there is enough in our budget to be comfortable for next year, even if the June tournament does not occur. There may need to be additional funding, like another Shoot A Thon, to help, but nothing too painful.
4. We would typically have an all parent meeting in May to discuss the June summer camp activities and elect officers. We will notify everyone once we have something on the schedule.
5. If you know any incoming Freshmen, please direct them to ask to become members of the website for updates on basketball issues. The website is: http://www.jeromebasketball.com/
Stay healthy and safe!